Sunday, May 22, 2016

DVICIO(OOOOO)

Hello lovely readers! I know it's been a while since I've posted but sadly I haven't had much of a chance to attend any concerts since James Bay, but nonetheless, I'm back! This past Saturday, May 21st, I got a chance to see a band from Spain named DVICIO play at The Domain in Austin, Texas! Here's how it allllll went down: 

DVICIO is a band that originates out of Madrid, Spain and consists of five members: Andrés (vocals), Martín (bass), Nacho (guitar), Luis (drums) & Alberto (guitar). These five boys came together as a group in 2013 but go way further back as they were all childhood friends as well as Martín & Andrés actually being brothers! Their debut album is titled “Justo Ahora y Siempre” which includes their singles “Enamorate,” “Paraiso,” and their most recent single, “Nada.”

To begin, I discovered DVICIO back in early October 2015 when this video for their song "Enamorate" appeared on my Facebook feed. They then came to Houston mid-October but because I go to school in College Station, Texas, I couldn't leave school to go see them. Fast-forward to about a couple of weeks ago, the band announced they would be in Austin on the same day I had already planned on going with friends to hike that morning. Who would have thought that out of all days they would be in Texas, they'd be in the same city as I would be in? To top that, it was my first time in Austin! So of course I took the opportunity and got to see the band perform followed by the chance to meet them (twice considering I met them in Houston the evening before, shout-out to Malenie for making me go)! 

To get to meet the guys, you had to simply buy a CD, then you’d get a wristband and after the show you got to meet them! They played: Enamorate, Paraiso, Nada, a cover of Counting Stars by One Republic and Justo Ahora. It was a very short performance but I was far from being disappointed. These guys know how to interact with their audience. It was mind-blowing. I have been to many concerts and no one I have ever seen has been able to connect with the people with only a few years of experience under their belt. On top of that, their passion for their songs and the music is there, and there’s no possible way you can miss it unless you’re really trying to not pay attention.

I absolutely love seeing bands live and hearing songs that I have learned by heart being played in front of me. What I feel makes a concert special is seeing how the band/artist may interpret their own songs on stage. Everyone has their own way of understanding a song, but my favorite thing is to see how the artist themselves play the song, how they want it to be interpreted. It’s as if you’re going to the core of who they are, or of an event that impacted them, yet somehow you found a way to relate to, whether you simply find the song catchy or find it at a personal level. This band is very talented and I knew I had to take advantage of my opportunities to meet them since I have no doubt they’ll eventually blow up. The songs are real, it's all genuine and you can tell from how they play each and every song how every single one of the members themselves connect to it differently. They are a strong bridge between their audience and the music which leads to a very good show. I am still processing and I am extremely lucky that I got to live it. 

Meeting them was such a crazy experience! A girl from Texas discovers a band from Spain and suddenly the opportunity to meet them presents itself. NEVER did I think I would meet them when I first discovered them, then lo and behold seven months later I met them twice within a 24 hour time frame. These boys are so sweet! They’re tall, smell nice and have dazzling smiles (thought this might be important). Apart from that, you can tell they’re very chill and down-to-earth guys who are involved in what they’re doing from a genuine love for it. It was a really nice experience and I feel very blessed I got to go through it twice. They care for their fans and it's incredible to see it behind the scenes. They even let my friend come back at the end to get a shirt signed when they didn’t get a chance to earlier at the actual signing (did I mention it was a photo-op and a CD signing? Whoops). After all of that (oh yeah, there’s more), I got a selfie with Martin (s’cute) and we got to say goodbye to them when they left! This is a well rounded group of men who have their morals in check and a strong head on their shoulders. Their hearts are shown through their music and by meeting them I felt I was meeting a song, I was meeting people who pour their hearts out on something that could very well change the world if they have the incentive to (right when you thought I couldn't be any cheesier). 


I have a chance to see them again in Mexico City while I’m there this summer (I swear all of this just happens to be a coincidence) and I really hope I get to! I’d love to see them in a full on venue and performing more of their songs. Down below are some pictures of yesterday and the link to their YouTube channel! I definitely recommend checking them out, even if you don’t speak Spanish. They have some of their songs in English for those of you who want to hear it that way instead. Anyway, I suppose I’ll let go here and let you explore the band for yourself! Have a wonderful morning/afternoon/evening wherever you are in the world! :) 

DVICIO YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/DVICIOVEVO










DVICIO,

Muchísimas gracias por esta oportunidad. Ojala esto no sea el final de lo que puede ser una increíble aventura. Me daría mucho felicidad ver los crecer y quiero que nunca se les olvide todo lo bien que pueden hacer con su música. Son un grupo muy especial y es claro que tienen unos corazones grandes y llenos de buena intención. ¡Les deseo lo mejor del mundo y si Dios quiere nos vemos pronto! 

No comments:

Post a Comment